Sunday 3 April 2011

Ready? Steady? Go!


North or South? Which way should we go? The night before our departure, the decision fell on North, towards Chiang Mai.

Our bicycles stood ready outside of Toom’s house, loaded with the heavy weight of our backpacks.  Sweat was dripping from my forehead, when I made last amendments to the basket that was dangling from my handlebars, attached in DIY-style with cable tie and a piece of string. It was HOT, but I could not wait to start cycling…cycling away from the dust that covered Bangkok, into a new adventure.

Helmets on our heads, dust masks covering our faces and off we were. After a couple of hours cycling under the blazing sun I thought it would be wise to have long sleeves to cover my arms. Since I didn’t have a long sleeve shirt, I created sleeves out of a piece of cloth, which so far had the purpose of covering my shoulders when I wanted to enter temples in India. Because it looks kind of like a magic cape, I think it’s not only protecting me from the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment