Saturday 7 May 2011

The stowaway or how my magic cape got holes


Yesterday I went swimming and used my magic cape as a sarong. Another good thing about my cape is its multi-functionality!
So my magic cape was wet and needed to be dried. I hung it over my bicycle (another multifunctional thing) during the night. The next morning, it was still a bit damp; I stuffed it into my little backpack.  After 2 hours of cycling, I just finished my noodle-soup for breakfast, I got it out and stared into two eyes, attached to a HUGE (really huge…like 15 cm long) grasshopper (or something alike) that was dangling from my cape.
Poor thing! It was captivated in the darkness of my bag for over 2 hours and must have been terrified. In its despair it chewed 4 holes into the cloth; 4 holes in search of light and freedom.
In disgust I tried to shake the creature off. With its long legs it was clinging on to the piece of cloth that was almost worthless but very precious to me. After a little fight, which I won, it disappeared in the bushes. I wonder if it will ever find its way back home…
As for my magic cape: it still works.



No comments:

Post a Comment